Balanced eating means that treat foods may be eaten occasionally as part of a varied diet.
- 10 Digestive biscuits
- 70g butter
- 500g mascarpone
- 500g crème fraiche
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a saucepan, gently heat the butter until it melts and then remove from the heat.
- Blitz the Digestive biscuits in a food processor, or crush with a spoon, until they resemble the texture of sand. Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter.
- Line the base of a 20cm spring-form cake tin and grease the sides. Use a potato masher to flatten the biscuit mixture into the base of the cake tin. Place this into the oven and bake for 5 minutes, then carefully remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the mascarpone with the crème fraiche, flour, caster sugar, vanilla bean paste and eggs until light and fluffy. Pour this mixture into the cake tin and place it into the oven. Bake for 40 minutes and then check the cheesecake, it should be set with a slight wobble in the centre. Leave the cheesecake in the tin to cool. When cooled, gently remove from the tin.
The cheesecake can be served warm, but is also nice served chilled with fresh fruits. Keep refrigerated and consume within 2 days.