Makes a 400g round loaf
385g gluten free plain flour
50g dried milk powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 230˚C and lightly flour a baking sheet.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the egg and buttermilk together and pour into the well.
- Knead the ingredients together for two minutes, using one hand, until the dough comes together.
- Carefully pick the dough up and transfer it to the lightly floured baking sheet. Shape into a circle, about 4cm thick. Cut a deep cross in the dough and bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 180˚C, then bake for another 25 minutes, until the bottom of the loaf sounds hollow when carefully tapped.
- Allow to cool before serving.